January 25, 2014

Welcome Back: The Fashion Files


Welcome Back Dolls!

Sorry I've been MIA but I've actually been working more & more which is in my favor because I can buy more things! I'm just kidding, I save more *nods head vigorously*! So I've been gone for a minute now & I've missed so much but I'm here to let you know I will not miss anymore. So many things have happened but nothing life changing other than a better job. But just to let you know I'm going to get back into posting more often. Enough of the chit chat. Today is going to a be a Fashion/Sale File but more or less a fashion file. So sit back and enjoy the show.

So lately I've been indulging in Forever21 and you know I have such a love/hate relationship with the company. Which is due to the fact my local store had A CORNER devoted to Plus Sizes while the rest of the store which is so enormous holds straight sizes and mens flawlessly. I was shocked on the last trip when I saw that the area had been expanded but I was still appalled because I had been stalking the site during their EXTRA50% off sale recently and I saw items were so much more than on the site. 

Like this dress:

Galaxy
It was online for $6.99 but in-store it was $19.99 with 50% off.  So of course I indulged in nothing but only browsed just to check prices. I still saw nothing that said buy me and I was immediately turned off by the pricing. But I had a great time buying online. The only thing I hated was that I was going to buy this dress:


But when I came back to make my purchase it was gone. Soooo I ended up with 2 skirts 3 dresses some jewelry and a few misc. items. As you well know our next season is Spring 2014 and guess what? We are all going to enjoy the few items XXI has to offer. I did see a few items I purchased at the extra50% off price go back to full price but I noticed that with the items I purchased they are not eligible for exchange. Honestly I'm fine with that because I know I thoroughly scoured and I've gotten what I wanted.  The more I looked at the above dress, the more I realized I'd never be able to go to Buffalo Wild Wings on game night! LOL. 

So Dolls here are my picks in the accessory fields of XXI Spring 2014, Enjoy!I'll begin with earrings. I searched high & low to find these beauties. At this price who couldn't look like a million bucks!





So if you have earrings then why not need a neck piece? No outfit is complete without a statement piece and usually that is created by a grand necklace. How about one of these beauties?





If you've got earrings and a necklace you mustn't leave your arms bare. Arm Candy is where it's completed. I don't know about you but I love getting more for the money. Whether it's with a number of bracelets or a huge one! Take your pick.




What post is complete without something to carry things in? These bags are so the bee's knees. You've got an overnight bag, a backpack, tote bag and even something that's giving MINKOFF-ISH tones! Can you guess which one that is? Here's a hint: it will save you more than enough MULAH! 




Of course you can't have an accessory post without having the most important one of all right? In the words of famed designer, Christian Louboutin... A shoe is not only a design, but it's a part of your body language, the way you walk. The way you're going to move is quite dictated by your shoes.




This rounds up my VERY 1st Fashion File of 2014 featuring XXI (Forever21)! They've came up with ways for everyone to look fashionable whether they have a budget or not. But if you're new to the blog then you have to learn I'm a Bargainista by design! I love good quality things and I can say with certainty I've yet to have a piece from XXI that was nothing more than substantial if not more than I bargained for.