August 28, 2013

The Fashion Files: Tim Gunn's Take On Plus Size Clothing Selections

Welcome to this weeks Fashion Files. It came out this week that Tim Gunn, former Parsons the New School of Design Professor and Project Runway judge has been quoted yet again stating that the Fashion Industry needs to design for the plus size woman. Honestly, I don't know anyone who doesn't agree with his statement. I am a plus sized woman and I hate going to the WOMAN's section at most stores. Not sure if you remember from this post but I spoke about one of my favorite stores, Forever21 downsizing their plus size section at my local location. I honestly didn't think the previous section could get any smaller but it has! Most plus size women do however shop online but even then you can be limited. 

I don't know about you but I love when I see celebrities wearing affordable retail pieces. But I hate to find out that it's not offered in my size! AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


 





Great fashions right? All the celebs are wearing TopShop. I'd love to get some of these fashions! I know I'm not the only chick looking when Bey posts a pic and it's said that she's wearing something within my budget. I also enjoy some of the pieces offered by Zara & HM straight sizes as well. 
But alas the day is saved by a few brands that keep affordability and fashion in plus size women's grasp. My favorite by far is ASOS Curve. They have great sales, they have great styles, and they offer FREE SHIPPING! If you don't know I live for FREE SHIPPING. You can find great dresses, great tops, great handbags, and great shoes via ASOS! Besides some straight size styles have been worn by our FLOTUS Michelle Obama, by Huma Abedin long time Hillary Clinton aide, and by actress Jessica Alba.



So my question to you is what is your favorite affordable Plus Size online retailer and what other brands do you wish would cater to the vastly growing communtity of shoppers?