February 28, 2013

The Hair Files: Happy 3rd Birthday Krown of Glory



I have truly learned a lot during the last three years about my hair, my insecurities, and my style. Natural hair may not seem like a big deal but that’s only for the people who don’t know about it. It is something empowering about the ability to do what you want, when you want. Flat-iron, twists, curls, and kinks; I can do it all. But for some reason I just won’t flat-iron but it’s nice to have the option! Don’t get me wrong because some Naturals are haircist, yes haircist. They think if you’re not like them, then you’re not worth the respect. I don’t care what you do with hair, it’s yours. My concern lies with Krown. I enjoy my hair and this past year has taught me a lot! I was doing too much in the beginning. Costly brands, homemaking, YouTube videos, blogs! I had no real sense of direction because I was always trying to do what someone else was doing with THEIR hair. I can only do what Krown of Glory will allow me and that man is just like me! Minimalistic, only needs the basics, doesn't want pricey things in order to look like a million bucks. I have proudly gone back to Natural and I don’t see myself any other way, xoxo ♥